Report your storm damage

Jan 26, 2012

If you or your business suffered uninsured property damage due to our recent snow and ice storm, county officials want to hear from you. Public assistance may be available, and the first step is to submit a damage report.

In King County, go to the Office of Emergency Management website or call 1-800-523-5044.

In Pierce County, call 1-866-798-6363 or see the county website for more information.

In Snohomish County, call 425-388-5088 or fill out a damage assessment report at

In Thurston County, call 360-754-3360 or fill out your report at the county website.

Reports should be filed by January 31st. King County says it may take 30 days or more to process your submission.

Submitting a damage report does not guarantee reimbursement.

Be sure to contact your insurance provider first to learn what damage is covered.

Document your damage with photographs and keep records of all clean up and repair costs.

King County is also offering free storm damage inspections in unincorporated areas of the county.