- Halie Loren
- 3 pairs of Tickets for Wednesday, May 23, at 7:30pm
- Dimitriou's Jazz Alley
The Pacific Jazz Institute at Dimitriou's Jazz Alley welcomes songbird, Halie Loren, for one night only touring in support of her new release From the Wild Sky. Band members are Halie (vocals and ukulele), Emily Sangder (back up vocals and acoustic guitar), Rob Kohler (bass), Matt Treder (piano), and Susan Lucia (drums). Show time Wednesday at 7:30pm. Doors at 6:00pm.
Singer/songwriter Halie Loren joins us for one night in support of her new release "From the Wild Sky."
The album features 10 of Loren’s original songs, as well as a stunning rendition of Roberto Livi’s ‘A Mi Manera’. “From the Wild Sky” puts the spotlight on Loren’s songwriter side, exploring themes of letting go, flight, finding the heart’s “True North”, and seeing beauty within the chaos of life.
It is both her most personal and creatively dynamic release to-date, and the project that has pulled from the farthest reaches of the music world:
* The album was recorded and mixed in London and New York, and produced by acclaimed British producer Troy Miller (Gregory Porter, Laura Mvula, Jamie Cullum).
* The recording features performances from an international group of all-star musicians: Troy Miller (drums), Femi Temowo (guitars), Michael Olatuja (bass), Ben Williams (bass), Becca Stevens (guest artist), and Nathan Schram and Andrew Yee (viola and cello – 1/2 of the Attacca String Quartet)
* Fun fact: many of the songs were inspired by travel, and written in hotel rooms, trains, and planes while Loren was on tour across the globe in 2016/2017.
* The album was funded by pledges from Halie’s fans around the world through her successful Kickstarter campaign last fall.